The keynote speakers
- Johannes W. PICHLER, Professor for European Law at the University of Graz and Director of the Austrian Institute for European Law and Politics in Salzburg (AT)
=> www.legalpolicy.eu - www.we-change-europe.eu
- Sebastian KURPAS, representative from the European Commission
=> Public consultation on the European Citizens' Initiative - http://ec.europa.eu'}
- Richard MEDIĆ, European Media and Communications Expert (former AER Spokesman)
European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) has been put in place by the new Lisbon Treaty. Questions such as
- How will the ECI work in practice?
- How can regions contribute to it and communicate it to their citizens?
- Will the ECI help to make Europe more transparent and democratic?
will be addressed.
This "3rd AER Communication Atelier" allows to promote the Land Steiermark as a winner of the AER Communicating Europe Award 2009. The project "We go Europe" / " Wir sind Europa" won the category 1: Communicating European Parliament Elections. The jury felt that "the project combined a creative use of language with captivating and challenging topics. A good mix of interactive and informative activities was reached making use of new media tools such as live chat and web streaming. The clear overarching idea and its creative implementation convinced the Jury to honor this project."